Among various dishes offered the Ukrainian kitchen is a Chicken Kiev. This dishes is the historical traditional component of Ukrainian national diet. Chicken Kiev is masterpiece of city culture.
Chicken Kiev is a dish consisting of a boneless chicken breast wrapped around a piece of herbed/seasoned butter, breaded and deep fried. Here's a recipe for the real deal
Simple but elegant, this breast of chicken, stuffed with a flavorful compound butter and fried, makes its own sauce; when you slice into the chicken, the melted butter is released onto the plate.
There are many Chicken Kiev`s variants of recipes. Propose to you the most classical:Variant 1 0f Chicken Kiev recipe:
- ½ cup butter
- ½ tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- ½ tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups dried bread crumbs
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 quarts vegetable oil for frying
- In a small bowl, combine the butter/margarine, parsley, chives and lemon juice. Blend all together and refrigerate.
- Place chicken breasts between 2 pieces of wax paper and pound well to flatten. Remove paper and season breasts with salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove seasoned butter from refrigerator and divide it into 6 portions. Place one portion in the center of each chicken breast. Fold the short ends of the breasts into the center, then fold in the sides. Secure each breast with a wooden toothpick.
- Add the water to the eggs and beat together. Coat each rolled breast with bread crumbs, dip into egg/water mixture, then into bread crumbs again, coating well. Chill breasts for one hour.
- In a deep fryer, heat oil to 365 degrees F (185 degrees C). Carefully lower breasts into hot oil. Fry for 8 minutes or until golden brown. Drain on paper toweling and serve.
Variant 2 of Chicken Kiev recipe:
- ½ c butter.
- 3 ea garlic cloves ground.
- ¼ ea lemon juice.
- 2 ea chicken breasts.
- 2 ea eggs.
- ½ c scallions chopped.
- 3 c bread crumbs.
- 4 large chicken half-breasts
- 4 ounces butter, softened
- Grated zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons fresh tarragon, chopped
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- 1 large egg
- 4 ounces dry white bread crumbs